Mod Daily’s Yummy Air Fryer Chickpeas Salad & Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
Have an air fryer? If so, try our Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas Salad recipe with Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing created exclusively for Mod Daily’s Community. Yum! It’s an easy air fryer recipe developed for beginners and experts alike. Additionally, the vegetable dish is topped with crispy roasted chickpeas, which gives this healthy salad an extra crunch. This dish pairs well with various cuisines, making it a great side dish or main dish. [Read: 5 Top Rated Air Fryers | Which One is Right For You?]
The Chef’s Inspiration | Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
Indeed, our chef loves chickpeas after discovering them in a falafel. As a matter of fact, the recipe takes its inspiration from the taste of deep-fried chickpeas infused with tahini sauce. The chef’s healthier version includes crispy air fryer chickpeas to help reduce the use of oil by using air fryer chickpeas. So what is the result? A delightfully zesty meal! The avocado lime ranch dressing served over crispy air fryer chickpeas, and a bed of salad is delicious! [Read: Air Fryer For Beginners]
Best of all, healthy fats are used, and fresh herbs are added to the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing. For all of the reasons listed above we recommend sharing this creamy chickpeas avocado salad recipe with family and friends! Besides being vegan, it’s super easy to make in an air fryer. [Read: Gifts for Couples]
Tips for Success: Air Fryer Chickpeas
- An essential first tip is to simply dry the chickpeas with a paper towel once they are drained and rinsed. You will get crispy chickpeas if you take the time to do it well.
- Also, we recommend monitoring the chickpeas halfway through the cooking cycle. Since cooking time can vary a lot depending on your air fryer it’s best to check early. Simply set a timer for 10 minutes to watch the chickpeas and prevent burning.
- Also, before storing, make sure your chickpeas have cooled completely in your kitchen, or they will lose their crunch and get soggy.
- Finally, it is best to prepare a single batch at a time when doubling a recipe. This way, the chickpeas will remain crispy and crunchy.
People Also Ask if Air Fryer Chickpeas are Healthy?
Here’s an excerpt from our post, Air Fryer for Beginners. What Does Science Say? Scientific data also points to air frying resulting in a far healthier outcome versus its deep frying foe. Frying food in oils not only stacks on the calories but causes hazardous compounds to formulate, with acrylamide being the primary suspect. This harmful compound can form when subjected to specific cooking methods, such as deep-frying. According to various research on the topic, acrylamide links to several types of cancers.
People Also Ask, What is a Spring Mix?
For example, the term Spring Mix describes a variety of different packaged salad products. Typically, Spring mixes contain baby lettuce, spinach, and other edible leaves. Additionally, red and green romaine, red and green oak leaf, chard, arugula, spinach, endive, radicchio, and other heirloom lettuces may be used. As a result, the flavor will be influenced by the exact contents of the mix. Source – LettuceInfo.org.Print
Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas Salad with Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This delicious vegan air fryer chickpeas salad has a creamy avocado lime ranch dressing and dill and cilantro flavoring. You’ll love serving this dish at your next pool party, picnic, party, or gathering!
Ingredients: Air Fryer Chickpeas
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (15.5 oz can/439g)
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Ingredients: Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
Ingredients: Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1–1/2 medium-sized ripe avocados
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill, remove stems (approx. 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, remove stems (approx. 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, remove stems (approx. 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 6 cups of spring mix
- 1/2 fresh tomato, small dice
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced and halved
Directions: How to Make Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Combine all of the ingredients for the Homemade Cajun Seasoning mix and set aside.
- Add rinsed and drained garbanzo beans and diced red bell pepper to a large bowl.
- Add the Homemade Cajun Seasoning mix and olive oil.
- Toss bowl to coat chickpeas and bell pepper with the seasoning and oil.
- Next, pour the contents of the bowl into the air fryer basket *Important! Use a single, even layer at the bottom to promote proper circulation when cooking. If needed, remove prepared food to fit the size of the air fryer.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Shake basket halfway through the cooking cycle or until chickpeas are golden brown and bell pepper is soft.
When finished, you’ll have crispy air fryer chickpeas!
Directions: How to Make Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise until you feel the knife stopping at the pit. Rotate the avocado on its side as you continue to cut it in half. Please use caution when doing this. Next, remove the pits and chop (large chunks are fine).
- Gather dill, cilantro, and parsley and remove stems (No need to chop because your food blender or food processor will do the work!)
- Squeeze the juice of one lime. Remove seeds and discard and set aside.
- Next, place avocado, dill, cilantro and parsley in food processor.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper, Dijon mustard, vinegar, and lime juice.
- Blend or process on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Use the pulse feature on your blender or processor regularly if ingredients adhere to the sides.
- Slowly add olive oil at medium speed to create a smooth consistency and minimize separation.
- Continue blending for about 3 minutes, or until smooth.
How to Build a Salad
- Place the Spring mix onto salad plates or salad bowls.
- Place tomatoes, onion, and cucumber evenly into each bowl. Mix. Next, top with cooled chickpeas.
- Drizzle the Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing to each salad bowl.
- Top with a sprig of cilantro and serve immediately!
Air Fryer Recipes Supplies and Tools
- Basket Air Fryer
- Food blender or Food processor with an S-shaped or X-shaped blade
- Liquid Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Standard Kitchen Knife
- Lemon/Lime squeezer (Optional)
Food Health and Safety
For maximum freshness and safe food storage, this recipe should be kept in the refrigerator. (Read all about Organizing Your Refrigerator)
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Vegan
- Serving Size: Cup
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 3.7
- Sodium: 923.6
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 24.8
- Protein: 6.5
Keywords: Air Fryer Chickpeas, Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing Recipe