Chocolate Covered Bananas Recipe is Fun to Make
If you are looking for a fun recipe that both kids and adults will love, look no further than Chocolate Covered Bananas! This is a delicious and easy-to-make snack that everyone will enjoy. Plus, it’s a great way to get extra potassium in your diet! This blog post will give you all the details you need to make Chocolate Covered Bananas at home. Kid-friendly frozen chocolate covered bananas are a fun little chef activity that takes just a few minutes to make. These frozen pops are naturally sweet and satisfying treats, and once the bananas are frozen, the creamy texture makes them irresistible! [Read: 5 Top Rated Air Fryers | Which One is Right For You?]
Chocolate covered bananas make a great after-school snack because they are both sweet and healthy. They are a good source of dietary potassium, which is known to help regulate blood pressure. Additionally, dark chocolate provides a source of antioxidants. [Enjoy: Grandma’s Italian Cookies Recipe]
Frozen Bananas with Chocolate Hardened
A double boiler is a great way to melt the chocolate evenly without burning it. You can use a saucepan if you don’t have a double boiler. Place a small saucepan on top of a larger saucepan filled with simmering water. Make sure the water isn’t touching the bottom of the small saucepan. Put the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the small saucepan and frequently stir until the chocolate is melted. Pour the melted chocolate into a bowl and dip the bananas into it. Enjoy! [Having guests over? Read: 17 Charming Guest Room Ideas to Make Your Visitors Feel at Home!]
Sweet Treat & Frozen Chocolate
Melted Chocolate, Coconut Oil, and a Double Boiler (if available)
Tips on melting the chocolate
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas – The Options Are Endless
Chocolate covered bananas are a delicious and easy treat to make at home. All you need is some chocolate and bananas! You can either melt chocolate and dip the bananas or take it to the next level. If you want to get fancy, you can add some chopped nuts or drizzle with caramel. The possibilities are endless! And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can try making chocolate-covered banana bites and add in other fruits like strawberries or melon. Let them freeze until the chocolate is hard, and then enjoy!
Perfect for Parties
When it comes to party food, chocolate covered bananas are a classic treat that is always a hit with guests. They are easy to make, and can be customized to suit any theme or occasion. For a kid-friendly party, try dipping the bananas in colorful candy melts. For a more sophisticated crowd, use dark chocolate and decorate with edible gold leaf. And for a truly unique twist, try using white chocolate and rolling the bananas in crushed pistachios. Whatever your flavor preference, chocolate covered bananas are sure to be a hit at your next party or event. [Read: 15 Welcoming Front Door Ideas That Will Make Your Home More Inviting]
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
Chocolate and Coconut Oil are being prepared in the kitchen
One great topping idea for a themed birthday party is to change up the toppings depending on the concept. Consider using white chocolate and color-coordinated sprinkles if it is a unicorn party.
If it is a summer camp party, consider making smores-inspired chocolate-covered bananas. Using different toppings, you can bring the theme to life and make your party even more special.
Frozen Banana Tastes Just Like Ice Cream!
Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
Chocolate covered bananas are a delicious and easy way to dress up at any party or event. All you need are a few ingredients and some food-grade popsicle sticks, and you’re all set! To make chocolate covered banana bites, simply dip frozen banana slices into melted chocolate, then into your topping of choice. I like to use shredded coconut, almond butter, or even sprinkles! Once your chocolate coated bananas are frozen solid, they’re ready to enjoy. [Listen to: A Bedtime Story | An Enchanting Day By the Sea]
How to Make Chocolate Covered Bananas?
Tips for Chocolate Bananas that will ensure recipe success!
- Perhaps you are wondering if you can skip the coconut oil when making this recipe. You may find that the chocolate crumbles if you omit the oil. Adding oil to the chocolate can stabilize it to a greater extent. This will help soften the chocolate’s outer shell so that it’s more enjoyable to eat.
- Before dipping your bananas in chocolate, make sure they’re frozen.
- Be sure to dip the bananas quickly, so they don’t become too soft.
- Scrape any excess chocolate off the bananas after they’ve been dipped in chocolate.
Ingredient and Supplies
- Twelve (12) ounces Ghirardelli Premium Baking chocolate chips (we use Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips).
- One (1) tablespoon refined coconut oil (we use Nutiva Organic).
- Six (6) Dole bananas (slightly green for ease of use) peeled and halved
- Food-grade popsicle sticks or reusable Acrylic Ice Bar Sticks
- Consider adding your favorite nuts or granola, finely chopped as toppings.
- Choose sprinkles that match your child’s party theme.
- Top with Baker’s Angel Coconut flakes and slivered almonds if you like Almond Joy candy bars.
- Cookie tray.
Directions – Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Twelve (12) ounces Ghirardelli Premium Baking chocolate chips
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Set up shallow bowls with spoons and fill with desired toppings.
- Peel and halve the bananas.
- Place the banana halves on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the flat end of the banana. Repeat until done.
- Add the refined coconut oil to the chocolate chips in a small double boiler.
- Turn chocolate frequently with a spatula to avoid scorching it.
- Once the chocolate mixture melts, place it into a bowl best for dipping the bananas.
- Dip the banana in the chocolate mix while holding the popsicle stick.
- Roll the banana in the prepared toppings and place it on the cookie sheet
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes after coating the bananas.
- Dip strawberries or pineapple in the remaining chocolate and garnish the serving tray for added appeal. Enjoy!
Links to Ingredients and Kitchen Tools
Read: 41 Coastal Grandmother and Home Improvement Ideas for a Fabulous Life!
How Long Will Chocolate Dipped Bananas Last?
When stored correctly, you can keep chocolate-dipped bananas in the freezer for about two months. They are a great snack to have on hand when you are looking for something sweet and satisfying. If you plan to freeze them for more than a week, read the storage information section below to avoid freezer burn.
If you want to store chocolate covered bananas, you have a couple of options. One option is to place them in a freezer bag to keep them frozen for at least a week. If you want your frozen chocolate covered bananas to stay fresh even longer, store them in a freezer-safe container. Whatever method you choose, make sure to label the container or bag with the date, so you know how long they’ve been there.
The Original Frozen Banana – Newport Beach, California
Who doesn’t love a chocolate covered banana? And what could be better than making them at home? According to Sugar n Spice, the shop that inspired us to make our own frozen banana, they serve the original chocolate covered bananas. So your chef-in-the-making will have just as much fun making The Mod Daily’s Chocolate Covered Bananas as they do eating them. Plus, kids generally love bananas and especially frozen bananas. So this is a treat that everyone is sure to enjoy!Print
Our Chocolate Covered Bananas Are Yummy and Kids Love to Make Them
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 12 1x
Kid-friendly frozen chocolate covered bananas are a super fun little chef activity that takes just a few minutes to make. These frozen pops are naturally sweet and satisfying treats, and once the bananas are frozen, the creamy texture makes them irresistible!
Bananas are dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with a combination of yummy toppings customizable to what your children will eat. Follow this easy recipe that our family loves to make.
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (we use Ghirardelli Premium baking)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (we use Nutiva Organic)
- 6 Dole bananas (slightly green for ease of use) peeled and halved
- Food grade popsicle sticks
- Delicious toppings can include your favorite granola finely chopped, assorted sprinkles, and mini m&ms
- Optional: choose sprinkles to match the theme of your child’s birthday party
- Almond Joy Candy bar fans: top with Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut and slivered almonds
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Set up large plates or containers with toppings
- Place spoons on the table to sprinkle the toppings
- Peel and halve the bananas
- Place the banana halves on the cookie sheet and insert the popsicle stick into the flat end. Repeat.
- Freeze the bananas – approximately 45 minutes
- Prepare the chocolate just before removing the bananas from the freezer
- Place the chocolate chips in a small double boiler (a small saucepan will do in a pinch) and add the coconut oil.
- Place on simmer, using a spatula to turn frequently to avoid scorching the chocolate
- Once the chocolate mixture is melted, place into a bowl that will be convenient for dipping the bananas
- While holding the popsicle stick, dip and coat the banana in the chocolate mix
- Next, roll the banana in the prepared topping(s) and place on the cookie sheet
- Once the bananas have been coated, place the cookie sheet back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: Freezer: 30 minutes
We Are Sure You Will Enjoy Mod Daily’s Chocolate Covered Bananas Recipe!
When it comes to easy and delicious desserts, chocolate covered bananas take the cake (or should we say banana?). Kids and adults alike love this sweet treat, and it’s incredibly simple to make.
Thanks for reading all about our delicious Chocolate Covered Bananas Recipe! We hope you give it a try – it’s perfect for any time of year, and you can customize the toppings to your liking. If you do end up making them, be sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook. We can’t wait to see them! Until then, why not take a look at some of Mod Daily’s Air Fryer recipes or Grandma’s Italian Cookies dessert from Mod Daily? We’ve got you covered no matter what you’re in the mood for. Thanks again for reading, and we hope you have a delicious day!