Tender Air Fryer Chicken Breast with Rosemary and Lemon Zest
Our collection of recipes continues to grow; this time, we bring you an air fryer chicken breast recipe. You can cook a tender and juicy chicken breast with rosemary and lemon zest in no time. You’ll find that this recipe is perfect for those who love chicken and want to enjoy its unique flavor. Not only is the meal delicious, its incredibly easy to make. Also, cooking moist and tasty chicken breasts on a weeknight is a great idea. That’s because it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook!
Quick Tip – Get to Know Your Air Fryer: When using your air fryer for cooking your chicken breast for the first time, we recommend frequently checking to avoid overcooking.
What should I serve with Mod Daily’s Air Fryer Chicken Breast?
Next, you may be asking, “What should I serve with Mod Daily’s Air Fryer Chicken Breast?
Well, we wondered the same thing. So we had a little fun experimenting with a few healthy side dishes. For example, our air fryer chicken breast pairs deliciously with our Cauliflower Couscous. Next, we recommend a side of sweet potatoes. The delicious taste of Mod Daily’s Sweet Potato Toast prepared in an air fryer will make it even healthier. Lastly, since cranberries complement poultry so well, we’re going to share a quick and tasty Cranberry Vinaigrette. The individual recipes are tasty, but when combined into a Cauliflower Couscous Bowl, they become unforgettable. The recipes in this collection will debut shortly. Please stay tuned. In the meantime, try our Air Fryer Chickpeas Salad and Lime Ranch Dressing!
Directions: How to Make Tender Air Fryer Chicken Breast with Rosemary and Lemon Zest
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees according to your brand’s directions (typically 3-5 minutes depending upon the machine size and type).
- Add raw chicken breast, seasonings, and a 3-second spray of olive oil in a bowl. Massage the seasonings and oil into the chicken (see photograph #1).
- Add breasts to oil sprayed basket or tray and air fry for 10 minutes. Immediately turn the chicken over. Spray the basket once again. Continue cooking for approximately 8-10 minutes when frying large breasts (8-10 oz.).
3. Remove the chicken from the fryer. An important next step: place the meat thermometer in the chicken breast and be sure to reach 165 degrees*. Let the chicken cool for about 5 minutes prior to cutting.
4. If you plan to prepare the chicken for Mod Daily’s Cauliflower Couscous Bowl, cut each breast into 1/4″ thick slices.
* Cooked chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75 degrees Celsius). Source: FoodSafety.gov
We invite you to read our related article, Air Fryer For Beginners (Ultimate Guide + 21 Air Fryer Appliance Tips.
People Also Ask About Cooking Chicken in An Air Fryer
- People also ask, “Can I use frozen breasts in my air fryer?” Or, “Are chicken breasts good in an air fryer?”
- You will be happy to know that you can cook your frozen chicken without defrosting and still enjoy a flavorful and tender chicken.
- What temperature do you cook chicken breast in an air fryer?
- According to the FoodSafety.gov website, “the internal temperature of cooked chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75 degrees Celsius).
- How do I store leftovers?
- Store your air fryer chicken the way you freeze chicken cooked using traditional methods. Once your chicken is cooked, store it in an airtight container or wrap each piece in foil.
- Can you put a paper towel in an air fryer?
- Paper towels should NEVER be placed into an air fryer for use while cooking. There is a great risk of fires and damage due to airflow issues.
- Can you use aluminum foil in an air fryer?
- Be sure to read all of the directions provided by manufacturer of your air fryer and do not cover up airflow to keep you and your home safe.
Leave a comment when you have an evening after work to make this delicious chicken dish that can be served with a healthy salad.